Privacy and Cookies
Rpmdp.org offers online product purchasing facilities and user registration through the website and mobile apps and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
What kind of personal information does rpmdp.org use?
When purchasing goods through our site, you will be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information, and certain other data which we may use in customer profiling exercises to enhance our service and product offers to the clients.
You are expected to register with our site and open an account through which your transactions are processed. This allows you to save your personal settings, place orders, track orders, manage orders and share feedback.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not register as a user or make a purchase, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services. These data collections are standard procedures in commerce for consumer profiling and market research and will be treated with utmost privacy.
Why does rpmdp.org collect, use and sometimes share your personal details?
• First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your online transactions.
• Delivery service: We will have partnering logistic companies that will do the delivery of your order. We will share some of your details with these parties.
• Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example, we may send e flyers, SMSs with special offers, reminders etc to you. You have the rights to unsubscribe from such communications.
• Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
• Fraud detection and prevention: We may be asked by law with a court order to reveal personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
• Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does rpmdp.org use social media?
We use social media to promote our offers and to improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the rpmdp.org website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, rpmdp.org uses social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites and by offering social apps. These social media services may allow you to share information with rpmdp.org. When you register with a social media app, you will be told which information will be shared with our site. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our websites. It facilitates such things as personalising our website to suit your needs.
We may also enable you to sign in to rpmdp.org services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How does rpmdp.org make use of mobile devices?
We may introduce apps for a variety of mobile devices and use versions of our regular website that have been optimised for mobile. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find nearest collection points of rpmdp.org.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu or for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may be session cookies, i.e. only stored on your device until you close the browser window or persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device even after the web browser is closed and are reactivated each time you revisit the particular site that served the cookie.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
• Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
• Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your last purchase or your reviewed items. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
• Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. We will not know who you are, and only obtain anonymous data.
• Commercial cookies: We use these to show you rpmdp.org advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on your browsing activities on our website, such as the product key words you frequently search for, the items viewed and the prices you have been shown.
How long do rpmdp.org cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
Does rpmdp.org use third-party cookies?
Rpmdp.org may use services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies as well as third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies. The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Who has access to rpmdp.org cookie data?
Only rpmdp.org has access to our own cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
How to turn off cookies
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by amending or setting the controls on your browser. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to change your cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you choose not to accept cookies some of the essential features of rpmdp.org will not work, including adding items to your Shopping Basket or ‘Your Account’ areas of the site.
For more information on how to manage cookies in your browser, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
What security procedures does rpmdp.org put in place to safeguard your personal information?
In accordance with data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.